The BGA invites applications for a travel bursary supported by the Gray-Milne Trust. The bursary will provide funding up to a value of £500 to support geophysics-related work, training, and travel.
Application closing date: 15 September 2021 at midnight UTC.
The electronic application form can be found here: https://forms.gle/bD9Vt7wYEbZSPYAS7
- Must spend the money prior to your PhD thesis submission deadline.
- Must already be enrolled on a PhD course at a UK university.
- Receipts of expenditure must be supplied to the BGA where the request is for specific items or services.
- We welcome applications from students funded by any means.
- Successful applications will be required to provide a short report to the BGA on their work and how the funds have helped.
- The supported work should be completed by December 2022.
- Fieldwork and travel must comply with university guidance, including any risk assessments.
- Section 2 requires a few personal details and name of your institution.
- Section 3 asks about details of your current PhD course, and requires you include a letter from your PhD advisor to support your application.
- Section 4 (the final section) requires you to enter: (1) a written Case for Support (max. 1600 characters); (2) the amount of funding requested, together with a full itemised breakdown of expected costs; and (3) any other information you deem necessary to support your application.
Note that the application process is completely confidential, and applications will only be seen by members of the BGA Committee (https://geophysics.org.uk/meet-the-committee/meet-your-committee/).
If you have any questions, please contact Stephen Hicks (email@example.com).
We look forward to receiving your application.